About the role
Our company is growing rapidly, and the tech team is looking for a new developer. You will join an ambitious team of developers who are working extremely close with the business and who are focusing on two main objectives.
- To give our customers the best possible experience when navigating through our website.
- To provide the rest of the organization with tools to be able to efficiently complete their tasks, often through a high degree of automation.
As a developer at RugVista you are developing software that delivers our website and supports a major part of the business processes, i.e. purchase, warehouse management, follow up on marketing activities and order handling.
The base of our setup is a LAMP monolith. We are step by step migrating this setup to micro services, many of them deployed as AWS Lambdas. Data is stored both in SQL and non-SQL databases. Everything is hosted on AWS and we use a big part of their tech stack.
How you make an impact
- Constantly improving the performance and service for our customers and business users.
- Creating tools for the organization; analyze the need, define a process and use the tools to support the process.
- Developing the overall architecture of the tech solution and ensure all pieces fit together and are easy to maintain and update.
- Supporting our frontend- developers with APIs to enable them implement the designs created by the UX designer.
- Createing a solid foundation for business decisions by collecting and reporting data.
What you bring
- Experience with one or more of the following techniques: AWS (or other cloud), TS/JS, Git, MongoDB, C#, PHP or similar.
- A deep commitment to creating good quality software that exceeds the user’s expectation.
- You take responsibility for your tasks, and drive processes further.
- Willing to share your knowledge in the group, help and inspire colleagues to develop.
- Open to new solutions and keep your knowledge updated by using the learning by doing concept.
- You communicate clearly and ensuring that expectations are clear for all parties involved.
- You love teamwork and collaboration
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a high paced, challenging, and cooperative e-commerce environment.
- A part in a team that will make the difference of the future for the company.
- A diverse and international organization committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where everyone loves to go to work.
- Competitive benefit package.
- A culture inspired by our values; Focus on impact; Stay true; and Be entrepreneurs.
- Extraordinary and international colleagues
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home
- A generous employee discount
- Coffee, fruit and breakfast on Thursdays
- Generous wellness allowance
- Onsite masseuse
August 2022 or per agreement
We are reviewing candidates continuously, so please submit your application as soon as possible
RugVista Group is one of Europe’s leading “direct-to-consumer” e-commerce players. We market carpets and rugs through our own web-shops, available in 20 different languages, using the brands RugVista and CarpetVista. The company was founded 2005 and offers a wide and relevant selection of design- and traditional rugs of high-quality at attractive prices
The Group’s operations are divided into three segments: Privat consumers (B2C), Business consumers (B2B), and Marketplaces & Other (MPO). The B2C segment represents the consumer market and is the Group’s core segment.
RugVista Group’s organizational purpose is to help people to a home they love, and our business vision is to become the center of gravity for the European rug industry. We also have a specific focus on driving environmental, social, and economic development in the geographies where our rugs are made.
RugVista Group employs approximately 85 FTEs and is headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, with easy access to Copenhagen airport and public transit options. The RugVista Group AB (publ) share is traded on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market under the ticker symbol “RUG”.