At Rugvista we are dedicated and passionate about helping people to a home they love. We are an entrepreneurial organisation committed to constantly improving ourselves and our business. Currently, we are seeking a dynamic and ambitious DevOps Engineer who possesses a passion for automation, effective communication, relentless pursuit of improvements, and the ability to assume a leadership role within our domain.
About the role
Our company is growing rapidly, and the tech team is looking for a DevOps Engineer. You will join an ambitious team of developers who are working close with the business and who are focusing on two main objectives:
- To give our customers the best possible experience when navigating through our website.
- To provide the rest of the organisation with tools to be able to efficiently complete their tasks, often through a high degree of automation.
The position will be located either at our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, or in Berlin, Germany, where we are in the process of opening a small office.
How you make an impact
You will be responsible for creating and communicating the strategy for Rugvista's DevOps pipelines and infrastructure, fostering collaboration and effective communication with developer teams and other key stakeholders across the company.
We’re looking for skills in one or two of these areas, coupled with motivation and curiosity to learn some of the others. In each area the technologies listed should be seen as examples, not exclusive requirements:
- Containerization and Virtualization: you may be experienced configuring Docker or possibly serverless architectures.
- Commercial Cloud: you may have experience working with the services of at least one commercial cloud provider - AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Automation: you may have set up build and deploy systems and improved automation processes, used to work with CDK, Terraform or similar.
- Version Control: you may be skilled in handling source code in git, using for instance GitLab or GitHub.
- Software development: you may be skilled in one or multiple modern programming languages. TDD, DDD or other agile coding practices like pair and ensemble programming (earlier known as mob programming) are concepts you might be familiar with.
- System Administration: you may be experienced at managing servers based on Linux, Windows or in the cloud with AWS, Azure or OpenStack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Swedish or German work permit is a must.
- Working with high traffic sites
- Great communication skills
- AWS or similar cloud
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role (or similar).
What we offer
Opportunity to take our webshops to the next level and to work in a high-paced, challenging, and cooperative organizational environment.
- Personal development opportunities and room for own ideas and improvements.
- A diverse and international organization committed to creating and maintaining an inspiring workplace where everyone loves to go to work.
- Competitive benefit package.
- A culture inspired by our values: Focus on impact; Stay true; and Be entrepreneurs.
- Hybrid work set up with the possibility to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- A generous employee discount on the products we sell
- Coffee, fruit and breakfast on Thursdays
- Generous wellness allowance
- Onsite masseuse
- Much more
Location: Malmö (HQ) or Berlin
Start date: As soon as possible or per agreement.
The latest day to apply is November 15, but we review all candidates ongoing. Please do not hesitate to submit your application!
Rugvista Group is one of Europe’s leading “direct-to-consumer” e-commerce players. We market rugs through our web shops, available in 20 different languages, using the brands Rugvista and CarpetVista. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a wide and relevant selection of designs and traditional carpets and rugs of high quality at attractive prices.
The Group’s operations are divided into three segments: Private consumers (B2C), Business consumers (B2B), and Marketplaces & Others (MPO). The B2C segment represents the consumer market and is the Group’s core segment.
Rugvista Group’s organizational vision is to attract, motivate, and retain extraordinary people, and our business vision is to become the center of gravity for the European rug industry. We also have a specific focus on driving environmental, social, and economic development in the geographies where our rugs are made.
Rugvista Group employs approximately 90 FTEs and is headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, with easy access to Copenhagen airport and public transit options. To further expand our regional presence and recruitment base, Rugvista is in the process of setting up a small office in Berlin, Germany.